Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Vikings are coming!

Last week I had the pleasure of taking a class with Denise Peck , editor of Step by Step wire jewelry magazine, at Beadfest Philly.  At first when she started the demo I was thinking "what have i gotten myself into?"  But in short order we were all merrily knitting away on our bracelets. I found it to be very zen like once getting going and i hope to make many more pieces using this method, especially some neck chains.  My son was especially impressed with the weaving when i showed it to him.
The beads that I added are artisan lampworked beads and Kazuri beads along with some hill tribe silver.

2 comments:

  1. oooh!!! Your bracelet turned out so beautiful! The viking knit looks perfect...would love to learn one day too. Glad to see you had a great time at Bead Fest!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, honey...that is beautiful !! I know how crochet is relaxing to me so this is a step above that in artistic beauty...I love it...can't wait to see more...wonder if I can learn it ?? Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails