Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day Flowers ~ I Heart Macro

I don't think it's any small coincidence that the most beautiful of flowers bloom around Mother's Day.

As I walked around the yard taking pictures for I heart macro, focusing on the smallest of details, I was reminded of just how much beauty there is in every thing in nature.

How the simplest of things can make us pause and reflect on what is most important to us.

How in the busiest hours of our day we might walk right past and miss so much beauty and elegance.

Miss the peace and stillness.

Miss the miracles. 

Miss a whole world

It slowed me down

Helped me to really see

And appreciate

And drink in all the beauty

And warmth

All of God's gifts

Each one individual

And spectacular

Happy Mother's Day
With much Love and Appreciation

11 comments:

  1. Oh
    Goodness.

    *What* a feast for the eyes your post is! Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Ah!! I don't even know which is my favorite - they're all beautiful. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and beautiful words!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You helped me slow down and drink in the beauty, too. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You have DEFINITELY got the hang of your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning laura!! wonderful messages and wonderful images to match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fuchsias, oooh and the ant on the peony! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each of them is a beauty! You so delicately captured the buds! - Mirage

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Gasp!* Laura, your pictures are so amazing!!! Wow...I could just reach out and touch one of the flower petals, they are so crisp. I'm amazed too by all of the beautiful blooms you must have in your garden. What a wonderful Mother's Day post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yumm!!!! Absolutely stunning photographs - you make me miss all my flowers I had to leave behind when we moved!!! I hope you had an amazing Mothers Day : ).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Laura, those photos are stunning! Thanks for sharing the beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails